Asphalt Shear Compactor
Quickly and easily replicates the conditions of field compaction.
Asphalt engineers know the importance of a representative sample during any laboratory performance testing. The precise shearing motion of the ASC replicates the conditions of field compaction in order to reproduce the field properties of asphalt, quickly and easily under the controlled conditions of a laboratory.
The ASC compacts large asphalt prisms that can be sawed to produce four to six beams or slabs for laboratory wheel tracking; or the prism can be cored to produce three to four 100mm diameter cylinders, all having essentially identical properties.
The electronic control unit with touch screen color display operates like a standard Windows® based PC for the management and analysis of the data, test results and graphs. The user friendly touch-screen icon interface allows for easy set up parameter entry, enables immediate (fully automatic test execution), data acquisition/processing and test report and data file generation.
A LAN connection to Intranet/Internet enables remote communication; to receive immediate diagnostic analysis and technical support from factory trained technicians, and/or software updates.
- Meets ASTM D7981
- Extremely sturdy fabricated frame combined with precision machined components
- Servo hydraulic vertical ram with integrated hydraulic power supply
- Precision electro-mechanical shearing motion
- Built-in specimen extruder
- On-board electronic control unit with touch screen color display (no need for PC)
- Unlimited memory storage with: 2 USB ports, 1 SD card slot , RS232/485 serial port
- The compaction cycle can be programmed by specifying vertical stress/load and test termination conditions; Number of cycles, Specimen height and/or density
- ASC can be equipped with a load cell for shear stress measurement, upon request
The ASC is operated by an on-board Windows® based touchscreen computer with two USB drives for downloading data to a Flash Drive or directly to a printer.
For more information, please call any of our 6 locations in the United States or fill out a quote request at the top of the page.