Asphalt Roller Compactor
Smarter Roller Compactor
ASTM Standard D8079-16
The Asphalt Roller Compactor (ARC), now available through InstroTek, Inc., is the first unit developed based entirely on an electro-mechanical system. The compactor does not require hydraulic fluids or air pressure, which allows the users to produce repeatable and consistent samples. The asphalt slab produced with this compactor is much more representative; with aggregate orientation similar to samples compacted in the field.
This fully automatic and user friendly system compacts using a segmented roller with alternating rotation, simulating the action of large rollers used for compaction of asphalt pavements. The compacted slabs can be used for rut testing, cored for standard laboratory tests or cut to obtain beam samples for beam fatigue testing.
- User-friendly software for easy test setup and immediate test execution
- Color touch screen display for easy control and operation
- Windows® driven software platform for data management, analysis and graphically displayed test results
- Fully integrated data acquisition system
- Electronic control unit with touch screen color display. The simple, easy to use interface allows immediate and fully automatic test execution, data acquisition and processing.
- Sturdy steel frame mold support table with an alternating displacement system for table displacement and vertical load pressure.
- Intranet and Internet connectivity for remote communication, diagnostic analysis and software updates
- Unlimited storage with 2 USB ports, 1 SD card slot, RS232/485 serial port.