Detection of Entrapped Moisture
As mentioned in the American Petroleum Institute Recommended Practices Report 583-2014
The all NEW MCM-2 Elite Hydrotector® non-destructive, moisture measurement gauge is designed for quick determination of water content in the thermal insulation of pipes and vessels at chemical and petrochemical plants. Designed as a screening tool to rapidly locate areas of trapped moisture, the MCM-2 works well in conjunction with corrosion detection equipment to quickly detect areas where corrosion under insulation (CUI) is highly probable.
The MCM-2 Elite features Bluetooth technology. This drastically improves the durability of the equipment in the field and reduces maintenance costs. The new handheld control unit has been redesigned to easily enter information and set-up testing locations. Information is stored on an internal 2 GB SD card and can be transferred to any PC via the USB flash drive or Bluetooth. The long pole extension has also been completely redesigned to be lighter weight, include alarms and warning lights and allow for push-button operation. (please ask about the MCM-2 Upgrade for existing MCM-2 Hydroprobes)
- Wireless communications between Handheld and Sensor ensures that no problematic wires get in the way of readings.
- User-friendly alphanumeric keypad and 20 character backlit LCD.
- Rapid, precise repeatable moisture measurements.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Storage and recall selection of linear calibrations for 32 tubing/ insulation types.
- Operator selected time of test
- Data downloaded to a USB mass storage device (Thumb Drive) or via a PC application available from InstroTek’s website.
- Rechargeable NiMh batteries.
- Templates for easy project creation for different work sites.
Windows software to organize project data.
- Lightweight, Wireless telescopic pole allows for testing from a distance up to 10 ft.
- Fast and easy to use; allows thousands of feet of insulated pipe to be tested in a day.
- Designed for maximum accessibility in hard-to-reach areas.
- All tests can be stored and identified for each pipe or vessel location. Using Bluetooth®, the data
- can be quickly uploaded to a computer or printer. Includes PC software for creating section and location templates for downloading and logging info.
- Evaluate insulated tanks and vessels quickly for potential corrosion problems.
- Investigate insulated pipe for elevated concentrations of moisture to identify areas for corrosion inspection.
- Quickly detect levels in containment vessels.
Please contact us about the MCM-2 Upgrade for older MCM-2 Hydroprobes. Get all the benefits of the New MCM-2 Elite for a fraction of the cost.